- We see adult and pediatric outpatients scheduled for elective procedures.
- All referrals must be submitted by the surgical or interventional service requesting anesthesia care. Primary care providers should refer their patients to the appropriate procedural service for consultation/evaluation, after which the specialist will submit the eSchedule request.
- Early referrals (at the time the decision is made to perform a procedure) are highly encouraged, even if the surgery has not yet been scheduled.
- Drop-ins are encouraged, but please call us first at (415) 206-5693 to confirm that we have availability. Submitting an eScheduling request is still necessary to ensure we have all the correct information.
- Do not send the patient to their PCP for clearance unless the patient has a current unstable condition (e.g. new onset chest pain, concern for acute pneumonia). We will evaluate the patient and refer to the PCP if necessary. Once the workup by the PCP is completed, send us the results and we will re-evaluate and clear the patient for anesthesia.
- Healthy pediatric patients do not need to be seen for a pediatric preop evaluation in the pediatric department prior to the visit in our clinic.
- Please verify the patient’s telephone number, and email or fax any pertinent documents that are not in LCR.
- Legal documentation is needed if patient has a surrogate/conservator. Please email or fax the legal documentation to our clinic.
Directions for Urgent Requests:
- For urgent requests within 48 hours, call us first before you submit an electronic referral.
- For emergency situations, please call the Operating Room and ask to speak with the D1 Anesthesia Attending.
After submitting an eSchedule request, you will receive a response by e-mail within two business days. For questions about appointments, contact the PreOP Clinic at 206-5693 during business hours. Messages left after hours will be answered the next clinic day.
Patients from Laguna Honda Hospital:
We have designed a checklist for referring patients from Laguna Honda Hospital. Download here: LHH Checklist
You can find the clinical guidelines on our wiki page.
If you have any questions, call us at 206-5693. We’re glad to help!