If you are planning to have surgery at Zuckerberg San Francisco General, you will be scheduled with a visit to the Anesthesia Pre-operative Clinic. The goal of this visit is to ensure that we have all of the information needed to make your surgery as smooth and safe as possible. It is also an opportunity for you to ask all of your questions about your care.
- Medical Director: Laura Lang, MD
- Nurse Director: Rosaly Ferrer
- Interim Nurse Manager: Dana Nelson
- Location: Zuckerberg San Francisco General, Main building 5, 4th Floor, Suite 4J
- Phone number: 415-206-5693
- Fax number: 415-206-5811
- Email: SFGHAnesPreOP@anesthesia.ucsf.edu
The Pre-operative Anesthesia Clinic is located in the main hospital (Building 5). Take the elevators to the 4th floor. Go to the 4J specialty care clinic.
La Clínica de Anestesia Preoperatoria está ubicada en el hospital principal (Edificio 5). Tome el elevador y vaya al 4.º piso. Vaya a las clínicas de atención especializada 4J.
Hours of Operation
|8:00AM – 5:00PM||8:00AM – 5:00PM||8:00AM – 5:00PM||8:00AM – 5:00PM||8:00AM – 5:00PM||–||–|
What should you expect when you visit the Anesthesia Pre-Operative Clinic?
- review your medical information and your medications,
- ask questions about your health
- explain your options for anesthesia
- answer all your questions about the anesthesia for your procedure
Please do bring all your medication bottles with you – this makes it easier when we review them!
- This questionnaire helps us to gather information about our patients’ health: Anesthesia Pre-Op Questionnaire
- Here are a few instructions on how to prepare for your surgery: Teaching Form (also available in Spanish and Chinese). We will explain these instructions to you in detail when you are in our clinic.
- If you want to read about the methods of anesthesia and their risks, you can download our consent forms here: Anesthesia Consent (also available in Spanish and Chinese)