- Network for a Healthy California – Chinese Project
- Healthy Chinese Cuisine Using Fruits and Vegetables Cookbook (Chinese/English)
Look Good…Feel Better ®: Wig or hair styling, free cosmetics products, make-up application, and turbans.
Help For Women Recovering from Cancer: By appointment only. To register, please call (510) 271-9221. Co-sponsored with American Cancer Society.
Cancer Support and Peer Support Services
Chinese Breast Cancer Support Group: Through this experiential, interactive and self-empowering group process, participants will — -Explore the impact of breast cancer on self & family -Understand and manage emotions, thoughts & beliefs – Develop and enhance self-care practices -Learn effective communication skills.
Chinese Women’s Cancer Support Group: An adjunct to traditional medical therapies, the support group provides women with cancer a time to: – Participate in their own healing -Support each other through sharing and encouragement -Explore issues of the mind, body and spirit to enhance one’s quality of life -Learn tools and techniques for stress reduction and for enhancement of the immune system such as relaxation, meditation, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, and body massage.
Chinese Women’s Cancer Peer Support Program NEW: A program that trains women who have had experience with cancer to become a volunteer in listening to cancer patients through peer support.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid Training Classes
California Child Care Course
- Cost: $160
- Topics covered: Infant/Child CPR, Child Care First Aid, Preventative Health and Safety, Prevention of Communicable Diseases, Care for Ill Children and Injury Prevention
- Certifications: Infant/Child CPR (2 years), CA Child Care First Aid (2 years),
Infant/Child CPR & Child Care First Aid
- Cost: $100
- Topics covered: Infant/Child CPR, Child Care First Aid
Infant/Child CPR (2 years), CA Child Care First Aid (2 years)
- Cost: $55
- Topics covered: Infant/Child CPR
- Certification: Infant/Child CPR (2 years)
Child Care First Aid
- Cost: $55
- Topics covered: CA Child Care First Aid
- Certification: CA Child Care First Aid (2 years)
Preventative Health & Safety
- Cost: $75
- Topics covered: Preventative Health and Safety, Prevention of communicable disease, Care for ill children, injury prevention
- Certification: Preventative Health and Safety (No Expiration)
Standard First Aid
- Cost: $85
- Topics covered: Accessing Emergency Medical Services, rescue breathing, adult CPR/AED, bleeding, burns, injuries to muscles/bones/joings, heat/cold emergencies
- Certifications: Adult CPR (2 years), Standard first aid (2 years
- Cost: $55
- Topics covered: Acessing Emergency Medical Services, rescue breathing, adult CPR/AED
- Certification: Adult CPR (2 years)
Adult First Aid
- Cost: $55
- Topics covered: Accessing Emergency Medical Services, bleeding, burns, injuries to muscles/bones/joints, heat/cold emergencies
- Certification: Standard First Aid (2 years)
Chinese Language Smoking Cessation Classes
- This class includes:
- One-to-one counseling and group education
- Telephone follow-up up to 6 months
- Individual quit plan
Smokers with medical insurances such as Medi-Cal, Medicare, SF Health Plan, and Healthy San Francisco will be assisted in obtaining nicotine patches/gum.
Creating Smoke-Free Living Project
Earn $120 per pair for full participation. Whether you plan to quit or not, you are still welcome to participate! If interested, please contact: Chinatown Public Health Center, Health Education Department 415-364-7907 Project funded by American Cancer Society.
- You must be:
- 18 years or older smoker and nonsmoker living together
- Both participate in the program activities over 12 months:
- Both attend 2 group sessions (1st month and 12th month)