ANTHEM BLUE CROSS MEDI-CAL PHARMACY NETWORK CHANGE
EFFECTIVE MAY 1, 2014
|Provider questions: Kim Oka, Deputy Director of Managed Care, 554-2630 or Alice Kurniadi, Office of Managed Care, 554-2787||Patient questions: 1-800-407-4627 Anthem Blue Cross|
Anthem Blue Cross Medi-Cal is reducing their pharmacy network effective May 1, 2014. This change may have a significant impact on our patients. Here is some pertinent information.
- Walgreens and CVS will no longer be part of the network. Safeway, Target and some independent pharmacies will continue to be in their network.
- Attached is a list of their new pharmacy network. Please note that many independent pharmacies have limited hours.
- In addition, the CBHS Pharmacy and Bay Drug are in the process of being fast tracked to be added to the network.
- The SFGH pharmacy will be added to the network, but this process can take more than a month.
- Anthem Blue Cross is contracting with more pharmacies and we will send updated network pharmacy lists.
- A letter announcing the pharmacy network change was mailed to all patients in early April.
- A second letter with specific information on the three closest pharmacies to the member’s home was mailed last week.
- Anthem Blue Cross will contact members by telephone about a week before the effective date.
- We anticipate that some members may not be notified about this change. Several of our Medi-Cal members may not receive the letter or be reached by phone.
- Members can contact Anthem Blue Cross at 1-800-407-4627 for more information.
- A blast fax was sent to providers from Anthem Blue Cross on April 9.
- During patient clinic visits, providers should review with the patient the new Anthem Blue Cross pharmacy network. As needed, providers should assist the patient in choosing a new pharmacy.
- All prescriptions should be transmitted to the new pharmacy. We will be providing you with a list of pharmacies near your clinic site by the end of the week.
Transfer of Prescriptions
Anthem Blue Cross is instructing clients to transfer their prescriptions by one of these methods:
- Calling their new pharmacy and asking the new pharmacy to call their current pharmacy, or
- Take all their medication bottles to the new pharmacy, and asking the new pharmacy to call their current pharmacy, or
- Asking their doctor to contact the new pharmacy with new prescriptions.
Providers contacting the new pharmacy should:
- E-RX/E-Fax new prescriptions to the new pharmacy, and if indicated, discontinue prescriptions with the old pharmacy
Clients may speak with an Anthem Customer Service representative at 1-800-407-4627:
- The representative has the client’s prescription information and the list of in-network pharmacies near the member’s home
- Help the client choose a pharmacy, then by conference call, contact the new pharmacy
- Provide the new pharmacy with the member’s medication profile. The new pharmacy will still need to contact the old pharmacy to transfer the prescriptions.
- Interpreters are available
All new prescriptions should be transmitted to an in-network pharmacy. Prescribers should not send any new or reorder prescriptions to non-network pharmacies.
Information to be provided
We will be sending you the following as soon as we obtain more information about this network change:
- Updated list of contracted pharmacies
- List of pharmacies near your clinic site
- Communication guidelines with members
Members should not be actively encouraged to transfer out of Anthem Blue Cross Medi-Cal. By next week, we will provide guidelines for communicating options to patients.
List of In-Network Pharmacies:
|A G PHARMACY||3636 CESAR CHAVEZ||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94110||(415)647-3757||M-F 8-6 Sat 10-3 Sun closed|
|ACE PHARMACY||2505 NORIEGA AVE||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94122||(415)731-3535||M-F 9-5 Sat 9-2 Sun 9-5|
|B AND B PHARMACY||1727 FILLMORE ST STE A||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94115||(415)674-8116||M-F 9-6 Sat 9-3 Sun closed|
|CHARLIE’S PHARMACY||1101 FILLMORE ST||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94115||(415)567-0771||M-F 10-6 Sat closed Sun closed|
|CLAY MEDICAL PHARMACY||929 CLAY ST||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94108||(415)956-5456||M-F 9-6 Sat 9:30-5 Sun closed|
|COMMUNITY PHARMACY||2462 MISSION ST||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94110||(415)648-0815||M-F 9-6 Sat 9-2 Sun closed|
|COSTCO||450 10TH ST||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94103||(415)626-4341||M-F 10-7 Sat 9:30-6 Sun closed|
|DANIEL’S PHARMACY||943 GENEVA AVE||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94112||(415)584-2210||M-F 9-6 Sat 10-1 Sun closed|
|FRANKLIN PHARMACY||1508 FRANKLIN ST||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94109||(415)775-3917||M-F 9-6 Sat 9:30-2 Sun closed|
|GOLDEN GATE PHARMACY||1844 NORIEGA ST||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94122||(415)661-0790||M-F 9-7 Sat 9:30-3 Sun closed|
|GREEN HOUSE PHARMACY||1516 NORIEGA ST||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94122||(415)665-7775||M-F 9-6 Sat 9:30-4:30 Sun N/A|
|JOE’S PHARMACY||5199 GEARY BLVD||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94118||(415)751-2326||M-F 10-6 Sat 9:30-4 Sun N/A|
|LOS PORTALES PHARMACY||2480 MISSION ST STE 110||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94110||(415)826-3484||M-F 9-5 Sat closed Sun closed|
|PARNASSUS HEIGHTS PHARMACY||350 PARNASSUS AVE STE 100||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94117||(415)564-9191||M-F 9-6 Sat n/a Sun N/A|
|POST AND DIVISADERO MED PHCY||2299 POST ST STE 109||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94115||(415)346-2664||M-F 9-5 Sat n/a Sun N/A|
|SAFEWAY PHARMACY||2020 MARKET ST||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94114||(415)436-9032||M-F 24hrs Sat24hrs Sun 24hrs|
|SAFEWAY PHARMACY||1335 WEBSTER ST||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94115||(415)921-5502||M-F 9-2 Sat 9-2 Sun 9-5:30|
|SAFEWAY PHARMACY||4950 MISSION ST||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94112||(415)239-8010||M-F 9-2 Sat 9-2 Sun 9-5:30|
|SAFEWAY PHARMACY||298 KING ST||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94107||(415)633-1020||M-F 9-2 Sat 9-2 Sun 9-5:30|
|SAFEWAY PHARMACY||15 MARINA BLVD||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94123||(415)563-8681||M-F 9-2 Sat 9-2 Sun 9-5:30|
|SAFEWAY PHARMACY||2300 16TH ST||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94103||(415)575-1130||M-F 9-2 Sat 9-2 Sun 9-5:30|
|SAFEWAY PHARMACY||730 TARAVAL ST||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94116||(415)665-0119||M-F 9-2 Sat 9-2 Sun 9-5:30|
|SAFEWAY PHARMACY||735 7TH AVE||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94118||(415)683-4074||M-F 9-2 Sat 9-2 Sun 9-5:30|
|SAFEWAY PHARMACY||2350 NORIEGA ST||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94122||(415)665-8456||M-F 9-2 Sat 9-2 Sun 9-5:30|
|SAFEWAY PHARMACY||850 LA PLAYA ST||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94121||(415)387-0481||M-F 9-7 Sat 9-7:30 Sun 1-5|
|SAVE MART PHARMACY||1515 SLOAT BLVD||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94132||(415)681-4136||M-F 9-8 Sat 9-5 Sun 10-5|
|SAVE MART PHARMACY||1750 FULTON ST||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94117||(415)923-6789||M-F 9-7 Sat 9-5 Sun closed|
|SCRIPTSITE PHARMACY||490 POST ST STE 208||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94102||(415)800-8060||M-F 9-5 Sat n/a Sun N/A|
|ST MARYS MEDICAL CTR CLINIC||2235 HAYES ST||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94117||(415)750-4878||M-F 9-5 Sat closed Sun closed|
|SUTTER PROFESSIONAL PHARMACY||2300 SUTTER ST STE 101||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94115||(415)567-3223||M-F 9-5 Sat n/a Sun N/A|
|TARGET PHARMACY||2675 GEARY BLVD||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94118||(415)796-5281||M-F 7-7 Sat 9-6 Sun 9-6|
|TARGET PHARMACY||789 MISSION ST||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94103||(415)343-6273||M-F 7-7 Sat 9-6 Sun 9-6|
|THOUSAND CRANES PHARMACY||1832 BUCHANAN ST STE 203||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94115||(415)409-4357||M-F 10-5 Sat n/a Sun N/A|
|VISITACION VALLEY PHARMACY||100 LELAND AVE||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94134||(415)239-5811||M-F 9-5 Sat 9:30-2 Sun closed|
|WELLMAN’S PHARMACY||1053 STOCKTON ST||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94108||(415)362-3622||M-F 9-6 Sat n/a Sun N/A|
|WELLMAN’S PHARMACY||728 PACIFIC AVE STE 110||SAN FRANCISCO||CA||94133||(415)788-8882||M-F 9-5 Sat 9:30-1 Sun N/A|